Crazy Croatians

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Something New: KDP Select

  I read an interesting email today, and it lead me to something new. KDP Select. Apparently it's a new way to promote/sell your ebooks on Amazon.com for their Prime members. Something they've created called the Lending Library now lets members check out one book/month for free, while the author of said lent book still receives royalties as if it were purchased.
  After reading about it I unpublished my 2 ebooks from Smashwords.com (a requirement) and enrolled both into KDP Select. (Neither book had done anything on Smashwords anyway). I doubt that I'll see much from this as I don't market my books (so no one really knows anything about them) but it's worth a try at least. It's also a good bet that since the Prime members only get to 'borrow' one book/month they will use this priviledge to get a top selling book (instead of an unknown book like mine).
  Information on KDP Select can be found at:
https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/KDPSelect

No comments :

Post a Comment