Crazy Croatians

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Working On Book 3

    The last month or so I've been back at work on my trilogy Andy Brighton and the Dragons of Wyrme. You can find the first two books on Amazon.com over here:------------------------------->
    I wrote up the outline for the final book a good while back (probably shortly after finishing
book 2) but put off trying to actually write the 3rd book in earnest due to other activities and
distractions. What I usually do when writing my books is to come up with ideas for what would
make for an interesting story - then I come up with a basic outline - then when I'm pretty sure
that it looks workable I try to sit down and type out the book. So far this has worked out, though
it takes a long while to finish my books (a year or so I'd guess). Of course this lengthy amount
of time is considering that I have a full-time job to go to nearly everyday so I can only write in
my remaining spare time. Oh, for the freedom of not having to work & be able to write all day
long - I could get finished so much faster. But I don't wish to give excuses.
    At any rate I believe that I've settled on a title for the final installment after much dilemma:
The Great Reconfiguring I think it will be called (pertaining to a plot point in the story).
    So far I'm about halfway thru chapter 3 & making good progress. Today while at work at
my full-time job I had a sort of revelation about the instigators of the plot in the books and had
to write it down. It was something I had lightly touched on previously in books 1 & 2 but which
will become much more prominent. It's fundamentally the same idea as a self-fulfilling prophecy,
except in reverse (many times the fear of something happening might actually cause it to happen
due to the actions and/or reactions people might have to it - but in the case of my story the prophecy was a desirable outcome, therefore it coming true was not feared).



No comments :

Post a Comment