Crazy Croatians

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

IT"S 2014! FIRST POST OF THE YEAR

A new year and a chance to start anew.
 So it's now the year 2014. Another fresh 365 days are ahead of us to work, create, enjoy, endure, etc. 2013 ended with a bang as the fireworks went off all around the world. I could hear them outside the house starting nearly two hours before midnight hit. People like to start the partying early I guess.
 I heard something funny: the police will, on New Years eve, park their cars under something, like a bridge for instance, to keep from being hit by bullets fired by revellers. Yep, people are still stupidly firing their guns into the air in celebration even though they should know better--the bullet's gonna come down & possibly hit someone in the head. I wonder how many people die annually from this ridiculousness. I guess there's a lot of things people die from each year that could easily be avoided if people would think about what they're doing before doing something stupid.
 I've begun work on a new book (taking a break from the Andy Brighton trilogy for the moment). My idea has evolved over the last couple-three months or so but it involves a female protagonist. My current idea is that she is Virginia Dare of the lost Roanoke Colony and is taken by a malevolent and nefarious character to live somewhere else and then learn the ways of witchcraft. He teaches her these things and in the end wishes her to be like him--an evil servant of Satan. Whether or not she does become such a thing we will have to wait and see. I've written the prologue (the part about when she is taken from her mother on Roanoke Island) already, and I've got an outline of the story drawn up, so I just need to get on into it. Writing the entire book will take a while, maybe six months to a year in my spare time. When its done I hope to show it to an editor I know and see what he thinks of it & what changes he suggests that could make it better.
 I had an idea for a cover too, of a girl's face looking in through the leaves. It would look something like this:
 I have a niece that would probably be perfect for the girl's image as she's the right age. My thinking on the cover is I want it to look mysterious and like the girl is looking at something amazing. (she would be looking through a grove of bushes/plants and into a magical portal through which is hidden a whole other world. My title for the book is Jenn Wytcher. The girl who becomes a witch.

No comments :

Post a Comment