Crazy Croatians

Friday, January 10, 2014

Revisiting Scumbag College

   The Young Ones aired back in the early to mid 80s and was a British comedy show featuring 4 college students living in a squalid house. It was notorious for its violent slapstick comedy, surreal puppet skits and heavy-metal band performances by groups including Madness, Motörhead, and The Damned.
   A friend of mine reminded me of the show, bringing up phrases uttered by some of its cast members, and this took me back to some fond memories I had when watching the show so long ago. MTV showed this and other alternative programming back then.
   I found a couple of ideal clips of The Young Ones on Youtube and have posted them below. I believe these are from an episode where the group goes to compete against another college in a kind of 'college bowl'. The first is where they travel to the competition & the second is the bowl itself.

No comments :

Post a Comment